Thursday 7 April 2011

I think my canoe has a hole

I just had a very long blog typed out, and then I decided I didnt want to post it. So I didnt. These are the exciting types of stories you should expect from reading my blog :D.

I am a REALLY bad runner. But I discovered recently I actually enjoy doing it, because my brain has this ability to not be logical. So I've decided to start running - so far on a treadmill. So far I can only do about 15-20 minutes of actual running depending on my speed. But I'll get better (I hope :S).

I also do kung fu. It is fun. Also frusterating, because I'm new at it and spend most of my classes staring into a mirror and watching myself kick or block. It brings out interesting thoughts in my head, such as "People have really weird shaped feet" and "My feet definitely look bigger when flat on the ground than in the air." Also I have noticed that the many mirrors are bent or convexed or concaved. Note to self - dont use to judge body size.

I did four years of jiu-jitsu. When I go to kung fu, I see the consequence of those four years - it has not all that much to do with style and technique, but everytime my Sefu barks an order at me or the class, I always want to shout "Hus Sensei!" back at him like I used to in my jiu-jitsu class. Is jiu-jitsu spelt like how I have been spelling it, or more like "jui-jitsu"? I am never sure (also never sure about sensei and honestly, were we supposed to yell "hus" or "hai"? Groundbreaking questions these are)

I kind of want to join some sort of acrobatics class. Like tumbling or trampolining or something. I feel like I would love it. I also feel that if I did this, I would have to quit kung fu because I definitely would not have time or money for both. I just really want to learn how to do flips and fun stuff like that, just because I could.

I think I am going to go eat lunch now - its a little later than I meant to, but I got home from the gym and had a shower and have just been too warm and content to move from my bed ever since. My stomach is starting to object to this decision however, and I have often learned its smart to listen to my stomach.

Au revoir Internets! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment