Tuesday 5 April 2011

Rubber Ducky is the One

Hiiii, My name is Paige and I have a problem

Internets: Hii Paaaige

My problem is this - I am a serial youtube subscriber. Thats right, I am currently subscriber to over 149 channels, more than 50 of them I have subed to since February. More than 20 in the last couple week. Yeeaaahhh

I started my youtuber/vlogger/awesome-people-doing-awesome-things-on-camera-for-my-entertainment addiction last year, almost exactly a year ago in fact. I cant remember who it started with, but I think it was Alex Day (also known as Nerimon) with his wonderful series of "Alex Reads Twilight" (fucking HIlaarious!). It was either him or the Vlogbros. All I really remember was that it was my friend Sulli who first introduced me to both of these channel (or all three of these people lol). I blame her for getting me addicted haha.
It started to build slowly from there - Meekakitty, Charlieissocoollike, WheezyWaiter, CommunityChannel, Nanalew (my first Canadian vlogger :D). I dont remember how I managed to run across most of these people, but I really enjoyed watching them.

Obviously I didnt stop there. After my first rush of subscriptions it did slow down a bit, subscribing to a few a month. Some of my newer favourites were Tobuscus or Toby Turner, Elmify, 5AG, MysteryGuitarMan. Hopeonatenspeed. But now its starting to get out of hand. When I started I would go through and literally watch every single video they had. Then as I got more and more subscriptions (and had less time on my hands, especially once school began) I would watch a handful or so. Now I watch maybe MAYBE two of them. If one of my favourite vloggers recomends them - I'll subscribe to them. Sometimes without even watching a video. But honestly? I havent regretted a "recommended sub" yet.

I guess the next question is "why?" Why am I so addicted to these people. Well theres numerous reason - Some of the are really really funny, some of them are really interesting, some of them are crazy talented. But it goes beyond that - I really enjoy watching people learn and grow, which all of these people do. I enjoy watching people, getting to know them, which a lot of these people let you do (I do acknowledge that its odd that I know them so well and they have no idea who I am lol). Its almost like people who are obsessed with celebrities and TV shows, but the difference is that the people on youtube? They're real people living real lives who just want to share it with yuo in their own way. Its relatable and its interesting. That is why I love youtube so much.

... this post was much more seriouser than I intended. Alright, enough with the deepness!
Ttyl Internets!

No comments:

Post a Comment