Thursday 2 June 2011

Frozen Pup-sicles

Heya Internets. It feels like a really long time since I posted something, but I think its just because I've been keeping myself busy. Still, I dont think I've been living up to my "posting twice a week" promise I made. Maybe once a week which, for me, is pretty good.

Im having an absolutely awesome summer. Like I said, I've been keeping myself busy which is actually kind of surprising to me. I completely thought that when I actually had free time after all that studying I'd just waste it on the internet. Sit inside all day and stare at my computer and be bored. But I dont like being bored, so I havent done that. The last few days have been gorgeous, so I have spent as much time outside as physically possible - whether it be biking or walking or running or sitting on the patio with my roomates and neighbours or sitting on the patio by myself and reading. I actually am at least a shade darker white than normal! Actually, considering that it's been liek 45 degrees with the humidex, I'm surprised I dont have a burn. Being in a Health Science course however has made me super paranoid about skin cancer tho, so I have been lathering up the sunscreen lol.

When Im not outside, I still have stuff to do. I am taking that summer course, so I'll be writing notes or studying for my midterm on monday. Now I have an essay due in a little over a week, so thats a main focus for me. As well I've been getting my creative on - for example that awesome video I've made for ma mother. I've also been doing more on photoshop, playing around with Adobe Premier so that next time I go to edit things I shalt have a stonger grasp on how it works. Its an awesome program, I still have so much to learn on it. I've also been song writing again, specifically a present for a friend of mine. I dont want to say anything about it tho, just in case she (erm, I mean, or he.... yeah...) reads my blog. I've also been working on gifts for a few other people as well.

ON TOP of all that, my delightful bestie has commissioned (erm, for free) me to design a logo for a website she's designing this summer. She's thinking about possibly persueing that as part of her career and is testing out her skill and enjoyment by designing a website for her mothers quilting. (Her mother makes AMAZING quilts, one of which I was lucky enough to get as a grad present coming out of high school.) She also is trying to figure out a good name for the website, but it's hard as most of the good ones are already in use. Right now they've settled on Hearts and Stitches Quilts, but I dunno - I think its kind of lame. I just am having trouble coming up with something better (which is kind of unusual for me).

My sister and I are also going to be doing a fun creative project, although it wont start until I go to Australia. When she saw my rap video she sent me a message on FB just PRAISING my creative abilities (cause I am just so wonderful :P) and decided that when I get to Auz, we have to do something like that together. So my minds being flying around with ideas, probably (hopefully) more than one of them will be getting done. I think a big reason why I am enjoying this summer so much is that I have so much more time than normal to persue some of my creative endevours that I'll often put off for "more important things." Well, with no job and only a little bit of school, my creativness becomes my important things :D.

The job thing is a little trying. It gets frusterating getting rejected from job after job KNOWING you had an awesome interview. All because I'm going to be gone for the month of July. Its understandable, I don't begrudge any of them for it (well, for the most part.) I even had one potential employer tell me to call them once I get back from Auz and they'll see if they have a position open for me then. So, you know, cross fingers. I may not get work before then, but if I can get in a job in August and for the school year I'll still be happy. As much as money-drain sucks, it is kind of nice having a summer off. And man, I am SO excited for going to Australia! :D I feel like a little kid when I think about it - except better, because I can do so much more now that Im all old and crap. Yay me!

Anyway, thats just my quick life update I guess. It's kind of vague, but a good solid summary of some happenings. I've also been hanging out with friends a lot, my roomate is hosting a bonfire tomorrow night and I am going to a different bon fire the night after that, so that'll be fun. I do need to crack down on this essay however. Next weekend I am going to a wedding (my first wedding EVER) so you'll get to hear all about that once thats all said and done with. So yeah. Such is my life atm.

Have a nice weekend Internets. I shalt seeth thou on el flipith side! :D

1 comment: