Monday 11 April 2011

Blargenots

It has occured to me that I will never be a classic comedy writter. When I started this blog I wanted it to be really funny and witty. I dont think it has turned out on such. Instead its random filler or myself musing over something or another. And my musing don't really turn out that funny. Alas *swings hand to head in dramatic pose*.

You know whats wonderful tho? Writers block *notreally*. Im sitting here staring at my blog post box thingy trying to be interesting and creative in my writing. Instead all I can think is "hey look, an almost blank blog post box." Not exactly inspiring words. I may even resort to telling you my plans for today (spoiler alert: Im going to be studying).

You know what my plans for the summer are? (There! Thought of sometimes to talk about - almost like a preliminary "What I did for my summer vacation" essay). Obviously not, so I'll tell you. There's the boring stuff, such as working (at least I better be! *has yet to get a job*) and summer school (Health and Ethics. Why did I sign up for this?! WHY?! Oh yeah... apparently Im a bit of a masochist. And I need it to graduate eventually) and the super exciting stuff, aka, GOING TO AUSTRALIA!! (I may have mentioned that in passing in a previous blog). But thats not what I wanted to write about. My plans, just for everyday, when I have time, if people come to visit, with friends living here or even just on my own, is to explore London (Ontario, no England. That would be much more cool tho).

When I first got to London I had quite a few ppl assure me that there's nothing exciting to do in London. Im starting to get the feeling that this may have been falseified slightly. Told to me by people whose only idea of a good time is getting skanked up and crunked at a bar or people who sit in front of their computer their whole life or people who have lived in London for so long, they just dont go out and explore because they are used to what they have here. My goal is to find some of the exciting things to do (and spend relatively little on it if possible). For example, just by going for an interview I discovered a waterpark/go-karting/miniput/golf course recreational center place. I also know there are a bunch of cute little shops downtown that could be fun to explore. And apparently a 'Medical Hall of Fame" which is interesting to me because I am interested in Medicine.

I was at the London Convention Center a while ago as well. They had a brochure with a list of activities to be found in London, so I picked that up as well. Use it as a starting point. Essentially I just dont want to be trapped in my house all Summer. I want to enjoy the nice weather. Besides, maybe I'll find something that will be my new favourite activity, or meet new people along the way. You never know right! Wow that sounded cheesy and after-school-special-esk. I could have my own show on the family channel. *pictures this now* It would have lots of me smiling, and good looking actors, and still shots of me getting into all sorts of trouble with hints of drama and life-changing conclusions! It'll be a rip-roarin' good time!

Stay tuned Internets, Paige's Ultimate Summer will be back after these messages!

No comments:

Post a Comment